Resources are grouped based on grade level, type and topic. You can search for articles using keywords of interest. These resources can be used as supplemental materials for individual classes or for integration within existing curriculum and in fulfillment of academic standards. There are also teachers’ guides to provide tips on classroom strategies for inclusion in challenging times, including constitutional guidelines for teaching about religion in the classroom.
If you have difficulty accessing any of the listed resources or if you encounter any error message, please contact our administrator at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Often, when students are assigned homework or projects, finding trusted resources can be a challenging task, especially when they are related to Muslims or Islam. These resources with the advanced search feature will address this challenge, and they include many options for a variety of topics and grade levels.
If you have difficulty accessing any of the listed resources or if you encounter any error message, please contact our administrator at: email@example.com.
This is an important step in order to address the issue.
We have created a set of discussion questions for news media articles, videos, films, etc. that are not part of a lesson plan or curriculum. Lesson plans and curricula already contain such questions.
Describe the background of the people highlighted in these articles: their age or the generation they belong to, their profession or status as children, students, etc, and their national origin (including US citizens). Reflect on the obstacles that these people have had to overcome to accomplish what they are doing?
- What clues does the article give about the motivation of these "people making a difference"? What do they hope to accomplish with their work? How would you describe the importance of these people's contribution to their community and the larger society?Do you think it is valuable, and if so, why?
- What does the article tell you about the American Muslim community?
- What did you learn from the article that surprised you or that you did not know before?
- What cultural achievements are mentioned in the article?
- What is the importance of the invention or cultural achievement for the Muslim community and the world?
See internal questions in lesson plan for pre-reading, discussion and assessment.